Monday, March 25, 2013

Theres a Wocket in My Pocket - Dr Seuss

The first half of March we had so much fun reading Dr. Seuss books and doing matching crafts and activities with them. This particular day we read the book "Theres a Wocket in my Pocket."

Here is a picture of me getting ready to read our book of the day. *photo credit - Zeke*
So after reading this fun book I gave the boys coloring pictures that I found on the Dr Seuss website. The pictures have the boy that is on the cover, a wocket and another creature from the book. 
Zeke coloring his picture....or should I say he was distracted by the glue stick he found in the marker bucket...
Eli coloring his Wocket

After we were finished coloring we cut out our Wockets.
Zeke just cut...and cut...
Eli is getting better at cutting out his stuff.

We then put our Wockets inside of paper pockets nad hung them on our art wall.
I ahead of time drew out on white paper some different house hold items (fridge, couch, oven and window). If you haven't read "Theres a Wocket in my Pocket" then I should let you know that like all other Dr. Seuss books there is a lot of rhyming going on. So we created some rhyming words that matched the house hold items and then drew a creature to go with that name. 

We had a Widge in our Fridge,
Frouch on our Couch
Poven in our Oven 
Zindow in our Window. 

The boys had a lot of fun coming up with these new names for creatures in each picture.

No comments: