Tuesday, April 24, 2012

32 weeks








Today's date: April 24, 2012

How far along: 32 weeks

Total weight gain: 12 pounds



Heart Rate: 145 this week, we go back in to the doc in 2 weeks. Can't believe I am down to 2 week visits now.

Size and growth of the baby:
Baby's head will stay squashy and pliable until after she's born in order to help her pass safely through the birth canal, so if you deliver vaginally don't be surprised if your newborn looks more like Marge Simpson than a Gerber baby at first. Even after birth, she will have two soft spots called "fontanels"--one on the top of her head and one on the back--to allow her brain to continue its lightening-speed growth. The rest of Baby's skeleton is hardening up and, like you, she continues to put on weight. Though still very small, she has toenails, fingernails, eyelashes, eyebrows, and a beautiful little face that you'll soon be gazing at lovingly.
Fetal development at week 32


Gender: we don't know, Elijah insists is a grill baby (Girl)

Maternity clothes: Getting a limited supply of shirts that are long enough and are comfortable to wear...

Sleep: Its getting hard to find comfortable ways to sleep. I wake up sore way to much

Best moment(s) of the week: We seen a friends baby boy after church and I said to Eli "Isn't he cute! Our baby will be little like that too!" and Eli replied..."No I want a girl baby." And we also celebrated Zekes 2nd birthday!

Movement: All the time everywhere!

Food cravings/aversions: strawberry banana smoothies and fried mozzarella sticks....

Morning sickness: as long as I don't smell Zekes morning diaper I can do pretty good!

Labor signs: nope

What I miss: moving without being so sore. I am getting more aches here and there and can tell my hips are getting softer and spreading apart even though baby won't come out that way.

What I'm looking forward to: 8 weeks to go!  I was able to find a couple of nursing nighties and bras and a tank top so that was exciting. Slowly writing up some lists of things that I will need to get ready for once we get down to the last month

No comments: