Tuesday, April 17, 2012

31 Weeks

Today's date: April 17, 2012

How far along: 31 weeks

Total weight gain: 10 pounds

Size and growth of the baby:Though you may feel like Baby head butts your ribs all the time now, he's actually spending the vast majority of his time sleeping. Gaining all that fat we talked about last week is tiring work! And just like adults, Baby experiences rapid eye movement (REM) sleep as well as deep sleep. He also experiences another, unique state of consciousness: an undefined sleep-like state that is unlike an infant's or a grownup's and comes from the immature state of his brain. As his lungs continue to mature, his chances of surviving outside the womb get better every day (though if your baby were born this week he would still be small enough to fit into a large man's hand). It's good that he's sleeping, even if you're not, as the baby is heading into a period of tremendous internal and external growth.

Fetal development at week 31

Gender: we don't know!

Maternity clothes: Getting a limited supply of shirts that are long enough and are comfortable to wear...

Sleep: Starting to need a pillow between my knees while sleeping on my side otherwise I get sore. Getting sore in some spots when I wake up in the morning.

Best moment(s) of the week: Listening to Elijah talk about the baby. Its always referred to as a girl, her, she, sister, etc. So cute...not sure what he will think if its a bot!

Movement: Kicks, punches, rotations, its all happening!

Food cravings/aversions: strawberry banana smoothies are so good, and anything with cheese.

Morning sickness: hit or miss still

Labor signs: nope

What I miss: not being tired all the time after doing easy things. And I miss my good feeling back. I think baby is sitting on some nerves and is really hurting my lower back giving me some sharp pains/ spasm when I move a certain way.

What I'm looking forward to: 9 weeks to go!! This weekend we have The Art of Marriage at church and my sisters 30th birthday party! Busy weekend

No comments: