Tuesday, April 10, 2012

30 weeks

Today's date: April 10, 2012

How far along: 30 weeks

Total weight gain: 10 pounds

Size and growth of the baby:This week--and in the weeks to come--Baby is busy plumping up. She's laying down two kinds of fat beneath her skin: brown adipose tissue (known as "brown fat"), which she'll need at birth to generate body heat, and white adipose tissue (you guessed it: "white fat"), which is an energy source and helps an infant maintain her body temperature. By the end of this week Baby will have made about 2 ounces of fat, which is about 3.5 percent of her body weight. But by the time she is born fat will account for 15 percent of her body weight, which means a major growth spurt is coming! While the baby is still kicking and jabbing like crazy, some babies at 30 weeks have already settled into a head-down position to prepare for birth.
Fetal development at 30 weeks

Gender: we don't know!

Maternity clothes: of course! Stuff is getting tight and short though

Sleep: Starting to need a pillow between my knees while sleeping on my side otherwise I get sore.

Best moment(s) of the week: Feeling the babys foot kicking and pushing out my stomach. Didn't feel the greatest but it was cool. David was able to feel the baby as well doing this.

Movement: Kicks, punches, rotations, its all happening!

Food cravings/aversions: chocolate peanut butter combo as well as goldfish, pretzels and cheezits are nasty! Can't stand the smell of the boys favorite snacks and then they come and blow it in your face...gross.

Morning sickness: yeah still lingering on some days not on others...

Labor signs: I might be having some braxton hicks now and again.

What I miss: bending over, its getting harder to shave and pick up stuff off the floor. I miss (not doing dishes) but being able to reach the sink comfortably while doing them, my stomach hurts when I am facing the sink so I have to turn just so and bend over just a tad to reach and that just causes my back to hurt!

What I'm looking forward to: SINGLE DIGIT WEEKS! we are getting there!

No comments: