Tuesday, March 06, 2012

25 weeks

Today's date: March 6

How far along: 25 weeks

Total weight gain: 4 1/2 pounds

Size and growth of the baby:Your baby is a hefty 1 1/2-pounder now and it's steadily putting on weight. The fat under the skin helps make baby look less like a mousling wearing a seal skin and more like a real live baby, which means the skin isn't as baggy as it has been. In the next few weeks baby's nostrils will open and baby will practice breathing even more. Small air sacs ("alveoli," rhymes with ravioli) are developing in the lungs. The hair that has sprouted on baby's head is probably long enough that, if you could see it, you could tell its color, and in the next couple of weeks the fused eyes will open. Baby can hear even better now, so you can try hooking up the headphones to play baby your favorite music.
Fetal development at week 25

Gender: we don't know!

Maternity clothes: yes!

Sleep:I am trying to remember what that is! I can sleep pretty comfy and if I was allowed a full nights sleep I could probably get tons of it! But Zeke and Eli are both sick and up extra making it hard to do.

Best moment(s) of the week:David got to feel the baby kick

Movement: All over the place!

Food cravings/aversions: non really

Morning sickness: this last week has been horrible. I hope its not planning on sicking around and its just bad again do to little sleep.

Labor signs: none

What I miss: energy and being able to breath normally. I can tell that things are getting squished in there!

What I'm looking forward to: Third trimester!

No comments: